Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's Saturday night, almost 7pm my time, Central...on Saturdays, i tend to NOT book myself if I can help it...but of course that all depends on the mood, maybe I'll put on an impromptu at my Living Room #13, maybe I'll do one of my new favorite pass times and sit in my Tree....and the Tree, well the Tree is just cool, mostly cuz I made it, and everyone knows, i'm not all complex and crazy, i just like to be 'interactive'....So i went to Pillow Talk, cuz well, they're very cool, Sandy is a wonderful animator, and the things she has for poses, embedded in pillows, that you can mod the texture on (don't buy if you can't mod texture)....chilled out relaxed kicked back poses.
Attim Hokkagai, my builder and great friend, turned me on to Pillow Talk....so I bought LOTS of stuff there, and of course people LOVE Their poses at my Living Room, and at my place on Atropolis, and of course on my Bliss Gardens Rooftop....very 'realistic' long looped anims, not that silly Static stuff that makes you suddenly become a Still life, GRRR!
So what am i going to do on my Saturday night when i can ENJOY live music, of other Talented SL Artists, like Cylindrian Rutabaga, or perhaps Linus Radford who does a moody set of scratch the soul emotive songs.
Then, there is Charles Coleman and his raspy, gritty and honest performances....nothing 'unreal or fake' about this guy, and if I'm lucky, i catch someone I havn't heard since the early days, like Astrin Few, who does an exhilerating ride of jazz on classical guitar, the way this man plays absolutely puts me in the frame of mind of ambience. Then....there is Joaquin...WOW, pure essential, bold and highly effective flamenco, tango, straight from Argentina...he just simply plays guitar, and when this guy sings (if you can convince him) WOW! Absolutely soulmovin.
Cylindrian has a unique Folk Roots down Home feel, something I grew up on, but in this 'other direction'...she takes it to the level of Reach, there is no Limit, of course not, you can do whatever you want to do here...and this woman takes it on a walk, lil stories, emotional lyrics, colorful vocals...
and i could go on and on and on and on
buti won't
cuz i want you to come back
and read what i write next
.....

2 comments:

Seraphine said...

There are some amazing artists in SL, including you! Cylindrean is one of my favorites too. And tonight, you and Ricardo sounded great singing duets. I'm blessed to be able to enjoy all this.

Suzen JueL said...

it makes me happy, that you connect with what i do, or what we...as musicians can do together, and our uniqueness in it's own solo and self expressive ways...that's what i Love, the diversity, the connecting, the collaborating, the idea exchanging and growing, processing it all.
Lots of amazing talent...and yeah....Cyl and I are doing some re hersing. I wrote a song called "River Rises Up"...i totally hear harmonies, when I play it, as i did while writing it, so i sent it to Cyl, she listened to it and she digs on it...so we've been working a lot on that, so we can do it live....WOOOT....
and Ricardo and i will continue to do the Tue Night duets, as long as RL permits...and always having some special guests...
Tomorrow night it's Linus Radford at 8 to close out our night on that acoustic moody note, WooO!