Friday, February 29, 2008

Orange Island-SL Culture-Music

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dirtypiratewhores%40gmail.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles
I was thrilled when I was asked recently to perform at Orange Island, during the Second Life discussions on Virtual Culture, Music, Art...the debates were heavy at times, and a bit difficult to Keep on! Thanks to Nick Rhodes, Sukkubus, Jade Lily and all those involved in making me feel very welcome in their community! There were also discussions on Relay For Life (RFL) events, which I have been heavily involved in for the past 2 years, this will be my 3rd season with RFL and my first season with Haroldthe Burrels Raiders for a Cure team, which I am honored to be a part of! We have a great team of Survivors, musicians, artists, DJ's etc.....it is a team I am proud to represent this year, and have every intention of making it my best year Ever with RFL.
Last year, many of us lost a wonderful woman, FeL...she put smiles in our hears and souls and we shared many conversations on the phone before her passing.
2 hours or so before the world has lost her, in this dimension, on this planet...(because she is around, just not physically)...I wrote the song "Bright As Day" which was on last years Compilation CD, for RFL...I am touched every time I perform this song, as I have no doubt, that "Theresa" (FeL) had a big part in this song.....it was time for her to, and WOW did she put up a great Fight, never complaining, always thinking of others...her spirit will not be forgotten, we will pass your story on FeL!
Thanks again Orange Island.....thank you all of you for your wonderful support not only with my music, but the Community as a whole.
There was a great panel of musicians as well...touching on topics of 'Who we are in SL vs RL" and is there a difference? Immersion VS Augmentation, which it seems many were confused about as well as myself....however the discussions were full of new information...you can read more on the Link listed above!
Thanks again.........:)

No comments: